![]() |
| So little compared to the bus |
Her first day riding the bus to and from school. Not surprisingly, she loved it. She will look back on this day and wonder why:
- I drove 150m to the bus stop this morning, watched her get on the bus, and then leapt back into the van to follow the bus to school;
- I appeared at school before she finished simply to watch her get back onto the bus;
- I waited on the school's front lawn to watch the bus pull away with her on it before leaping back into the van to make sure I got home before it arrived at our home; and,
- I breathed a huge sigh of relief to see her get off the bus, happy.
And she will never know, unless she becomes a mother herself, the feeling in the pit in my stomach as I watched her this morning climb by herself into that big bus full of older kids and be driven down the road to greater independence.
It's tough being a mom.

No comments:
Post a Comment